Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Versace Collection 100% Leather Pine Green Women's Belt US 65 IT 80
- Alex Evenings Womens Slimming Long Side Ruched Dress with Embellishment at Hip Dress
- Be Up Women's Spiritual Tank
- bluesh 18 women Morgan Womens 3 4 Bell Sleeve Shift Dress with Bow Detail Dress
- Classyak Women's Terminator Style Red Real Leather Jacket
- Diesel Women's Jeans Staffy Wash 8SZ Stretch
- Fashion Street Womens Stretch Fitting Comfortable Yoga Pants
- WINTER TIGHTS THICK OPAQUE TIGHTS MICROFIBER 3D PANTYHOSE 200 DEN BLACK S M, L XL MADE IN ITALY
- YM1063gold HKDUC Women Shoulder Small Cutch Bag Beaded One Side Metal Lady Wedding Elegant Purse Crossebody Bag Party Evening Bag
- Glossy Magazine Cover Collage Michelle Obama Printed Large Flat Clutch Purse with Crossbody Strap
- HOMEYEE Women's Cap Sleeve Wear to Work Embroidery Split Pencil Dress B429
- JudyBridal Womens Cotton Floral Embroidery Outwear bluee Denim Coat Jacket
- Lilimill Piega Alce Bordò, Women's Shoulder Bag, purplet (Bordo), 33x0,5x31 cm (B x H T)
- Melissa McCarthy Seven7 Womens Plus Size Pencil Cut colord Jean Jeans
- NIC & ZOE Womens Apollo Pant Casual Pants
- PAKINDI FASHION Designer Net Anarkali Salwar Kameez Long Heavy Lengha Party wear Suit gor Women Pakistani Indian
- Rachel Rachel Roy Womens Cropped FrontTie Romper Purple S
- Scuba Diving Addicts Colourful Chakra Leggings for Women, Chakra Yoga Leggings for Women, Chakra Symbol Leggings
- Sunglasses, Sunglasses Polarized Outdoor Travel Shopping AntiUV Comfort Personality Durable NonSlip HD Goggles Polarized Shade Glasses (color Transparent bluee)
- [BLANKNYC] Blank NYC Women's The Mercer Black ManEater Coated Skinny Jeans
- Ali & Jay Womens white 2pc Flutter Top and Skirt Set Dress
- Two by Vince Camuto Women's Cross Dye Linen TwoPocket Shorts
- White LIKELY Womens Manhattan Dress
- Xscape Womens PlusSize Long Ity with Chemical Lace Side Back Dress
- BB Dakota Womens Maria Fall Faux Leather Motorcycle Jacket
- bluee Kaitaijidian Kai Women's V Neck Mermaid Velvet Evening Dresses Long Backless Formal Party Gowns
- Chesslyre Stretch Mulberry Silk Satin Sleepshirt Loose Casual Lounge Wear for Women
- Desigual Women's Cardigan Mencia, Sizes XSXL
- Fajas Colombianas Dprada Pregnancy Shapewear Body Girdle Short Style
- Green CuteShe Women' Formal Gowns Long Evening Dresses for Weddings
- Hot Pink Mauwey Women's Sweetheart Bell Sleeve Long Ruffles Organza Formal Prom Dresses Wedding Dress Evening Party Gown
- JUN Wool Shawl National Wind Scarf Hollowed Out Geblackus Winter Large Size New Thick Warm Female Fashion Dualuse (color A)
- Life is good Women's Trapeze Long S Mandala Lig Ngtblk TShirt,
- Max Studio London Womens Utility Button Up Shirt Army M
- New Balance Women's Impact 3Inch Shorts
- Phive Rivers Women's Handbag (Brown) (PR1077)
- Red Long Prom Gowns for Women Beaded V Neck Evening Dresses Spaghetti Strap Formal Dress
- 160 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots L5FF2 Skull Head
- Angel&Lily Spread Collared Faux Leather Cape Sleeves Cape plus1x10x(SZ1652)
- BessWedding Women Two Piece Floral Print Prom Dresses Lace Halter Mermaid Long Evening Gowns BWF011
- Shirt Women Outerwear Fur Hooded Coat Long Casual Cotton Padded Jacket Pocket Coats Wild Tight for Women (color green, Size XXL)
- Tahari Women's Long Sleeve Pocketed Linen Blend Blazer
- VIGOSS Womens Marley Super Skinny in Dark Wash Jeans
- Women Vneck Wrapped Tied Denim Star print Top
- ZHHUA Long Sleeve Fashion Double Breasted Plaid Blazers Suit
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.