Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Women's split leather simple style shoulder bag
- Alfani Plus Size Embellished Swing Top (2XLarge)
- BEAGIMEG Women's Sexy Backless Bodycon Spaghetti Solid Midi Party Club Dress
- Bmjl Women's Embroidered Slip Backless V Neck Off The Shoulder Flowy Long Floral Maxi Dress
- Clrarence Hat Adult Women Men Winter Crochet Hat Knit Hat Wheat Hairball Warm Cap
- DINGZAN Floor Length Quinceanera Prom Dresses Pick Ups Camo and Tulle
- Father To Daughter Jewelry Heart Necklace Silver Charm Pendant From Dad Laser Engraved
- WJS Wool Women Warm Plaid Autumn and Winter Outdoor MultiFunctional Fgreyion Trend Wild Warm Shawl Scarf Gift
- Yolee Women's Linen Elastic Waist Wide Leg Bloomers Pants
- Girls Purse Women's Wallet,Lady Wallet MultiCard Large Capacity 30 Percent Press Buckle Soft Wallet Card Bag PU Leather (color D)
- Icebreaker WMNS Ellipse ls Half Zip Hood
- Joeoy Women's Sexy Sheer Eyelash Lace Spaghetti Strap Crop Top Cami Bra
- LeSuit Womens Novelty 2 Button Jacket Pant Suit Suit Pants Set
- Marycrafts Women's Floral Print Fit Flared Midi Dress
- Navy bluee Scarisee Womens VNeck Lace Beaded Bridesmaid Dresses Formal Prom Party GownA248
- O'Neill Womens Leda Dress Casual Dress
- Punk Rave Women's Spiderweb Print Sheer Leggings, Black
- Salomon Agile Wind JKT W
- Studio 15 Womens Black Luster Pencil Dress
- Ubridal Real Pictures Embroidery Lace Mermaid Court Wedding Dresses Bridal Gowns White 12
- Volcom Womens Lived in Rib Stripe Long Sleeve
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.